Friday, January 29, 2010

Jaylen's Zebra Party

After deciding to put all my sewing and crafting projects on hold -can't wait for my storage/craft room to be ready- I seem to find myself going crazy because of nothing to do...so when Diana came to me for help on her daughter Jaylen's birthday party I immediately said YES. Jaylen has had a party every birthday so she has gone tru a lot of themes already, so when she decided on the zebra theme -so popular right now, even for older girls-I was thrilled, it's one of my favorites too...


she insisted on a picture invitation


the birthday banner was a combination of patterns in pink & black, polka dot and zebra print

Pin the tail on the zebra -hand painted-





these flower pots were used as centerpieces -2 per table-



these were added to the flower pots...marshmallows covered with melted chocolate and sprinkles




mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and toppers for the kids
An alternative to cupcake stands which will cost you at least $15 and look too simple, I created this stand with 2 cereal boxes, wrapping paper, and a ribbon spool. Look for the tutorial next week!






for the goodie bag I used the small paper bags and added a scalloped label
Unfortunatelly I did not get pics at the party, but the tables looked so pretty in pink tablecloths with a zebra print runner. The cake did not have the zebra print but was a beautiful black and white polka dotted with a hot pink bow, amazing.