Friday, June 25, 2010

iced sugar cookies

With a lot of time in my hands, the weather being uncooperative and 3 super bored kids, what do you do? well try new projects and recipes. Here we are going to try the iced cookies once again, but this time we are going to use store bought cookie mix. I only have one volunteer today, the other two are playing their DS and since they do not allow Belli to play with them, well I'll be patient and let her join me.
ingredients for the cookies: Betty Croker sugar cookie bag, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1 egg & 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour

she loves to crack the eggs, but...


this was Belli's favorite part


ingredients for the frosting: 1lb confectioners sugar, 5 tablespoons meringue powder, 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract & food coloring



after outlining them, and waiting 1 hr., add more water to the frosting to flood them. I had to keep an eye on the kids because they kept "testing" them to see if they had dried




after letting it dry for 1 hr. I added some sugar sprinkles to finish them off. A couple of cookies did not make it to the photo shoot, and one of them was "injured" on the way :9





next week we'll do a practice batch with this "horsie" cookie cutter -I'm thinking Belli's 6th birthday is going to be cowgirl themed-