Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Belli's birthday theme

Ever since Belli was about 18 months she has been obsessed with horses, and still is. For her 2nd birthday we had a petting zoo and pony rides and after her 4th and 5th birthday not being at home or as big as we are used to I wanted her 6th to be at home because I have more freedom at doing things exactly how I like them, my way. She had mention she wanted a rock star birthday, or a party at the zoo, or with animals so the first thing that came to mind was a "cowgirl" birthday with horses. Well, after I had convinced her to go with the western theme and accumulated supplies for the past 4 months I had to rethink this idea and just go with whatever she really wants, it's her birthday after all.
When I had scheduled the pony rides, mechanical bull and was about to get to work on her decorations...

we received this invitation...for a family member's birthday just 2 weeks before Belli's birthday. So we went back to either rock star or zoo theme, what a dilemma!

so she finally decided on a zoo party, and what better decor for this theme than animal print!