Sunday, September 19, 2010

pink and brown cowgirl outfit




This weekend Belli attended a western birthday for 3 of her cousins, and although she has about 4 "cowgirl" outfits, none are pink. And because I decided on making this outfit on Thursday night, I took the easy way out: to applique a store bought tshirt, and a simple denim polkas skirt. I spent 2 hrs. and$8.50 ($5.00 for the t'shirt, and $3.50 for the denim fabric) I had all the other notions but it would have been about $5.00 for ribbon, rhinestones, felt, and fabric.




The front of the shirt had a felt horseshoe applique embellished with iron on pink metal studs


I added a coordinating ribbon band and flower to the hat (which originally had a lace trim with a blue flower for the Gymboree Malibu cowgirl line)




the back of the t'shirt had an applique with iron on rhinestones and 3d fabric paint



I, and most importantly Belli (because if she doesn't like it she won't wear it!) loved the outfit, I wish I could make one just like it for me!