Monday, September 27, 2010

playing with food

This weekend was one of the rare ones when we have no birthdays, no projects, no work for Gus, in other words is a lazy weekend, so I got to play :) I got my cookie cutters, baking supplies, fondant, food coloring and this is what I came up with:
these are going to be cupcake toppers...need about 3 more sets!


as per Gus: the giraffe is too round & the elephants trunk is too thick, so they'll be going in the OR for reconstructive surgery & hopefully will come out better than they went in...or they might just not make it :(
These Hello Kitty cookies are a trial run for a birthday coming up in December with this theme. I think the iced ones taste better but the fondant ones look the best.
w/out whiskers


with whiskers


I used a shortbread cookie, not too sweet, otherwise it will be sugar overload!






with whiskers...



w/out whiskers...my favorite



I tried different designs and consistencies, my favorite one is the bat and the my worst one is "Barbie" icing was not thin enough & the design shows it :(


these are the perfect bite size!...for someone who takes small bites ; )